Your reputation online is your image on the internet and it decides whether or not your business is preferrable for the customers. Online Reputation Management (ORM) is all about creating a positive and decent perception of your audience as well as people outside of your audience. If you don’t have proper ORM, your business is prone to bad reviews, rumours, false information, negative comments, etc. Even if your business is good, the internet can make it look bad if not looked after. Controlling your reputation online will help you earn goodwill, credibility and reliability.
If you don’t know how to manage your reputation online here are some easy steps to follow: –
1) Know the perception of your company: – Open Google Search in Incognito Mode and type in your company’s name and see what results pop up. From reviews to news and from images to videos, analyze every single search result and see what people think about your company. Once you know what needs to be changed, you can move forward.
2) Plan your strategies: – When it comes to ORM, you have a lot of methods to improve your image and you should try as many as you can to cover your company’s radius online. Using SEO, managing customer problems, replying to comments on social media, posting positive content, etc. are some of the most effective strategies for ORM.
3) Encourage your audience’s positive feedback/reviews: – If a lot of people, individually or collectively, are supporting a positive opinion about your company, you should show appreciation to those people by keep giving them what they want. Wear their opinion as a badge of pride and consider them as the strengths of your company.
4) Respond to negative feedback/bad reviews: – When you’re faced with criticism about your company, don’t panic. Instead of fearing from those comments, try to understand the customer’s perspective and solve their problems. If your company has made mistakes, don’t be afraid to accept them. Apologize if necessary and genuinely try to do better next time.
5) Handling rumours/controversies: – When your company faces a crisis due to something taken into bad light or you’re hearing rumours about your company which are far from true, don’t handle the situation with aggression or confrontation. Approach it calmly and take passive steps to fix it. If you say or do something with a hot head, you might end up aggravating the situation and it could highly impact your reputation.
Your IT Vault will protect your business from online trolls, controversies, slanderous articles, etc. We will manage your search results and ensure that they are positive and harmless. Our experts will prevent you from making any mishaps online and teach you to become more careful while doing or saying anything on the internet. If you have any past mistakes that the internet hasn’t forgotten, we can take care of that situation. In times of digital crisis, we will assess the problem and make calm and composed decisions that will eliminate the problem for good.
Remember, the internet can popularize your business and build a reputation but it can also damage that reputation and it would just take a couple of hours. Dealing with negativity online can be difficult but if you have a loyal audience, they will fight your battles for you. Therefore, it is necessary to keep your customers happy by helping them constantly. In the time of need, they might help you deal with issues.